Please help us ensure the safety of our visitors and our collection. Enjoy your visit!
There are several
important things to note before visiting:
- Backpacks and large bags are not allowed in the galleries. They may be stored on the shelves behind the front desk.
- Food, drinks, and gum are also not allowed. Please dispose of them before entering.
- Pictures are allowed in the museum, but flash photography and selfie sticks are not. Any pictures you take are for personal use only.
- Please use pencils and other dry media for sketching. Pens and markers are not allowed.
- Please do not touch the artwork! The natural oils in your hands can damage pieces easily.
Once inside the galleries, please be cautious as you move around. Move slowly and be aware of your surroundings. We ask that you stay approximately two steps back from the artwork at all times. This helps to make sure that others can see and that the artwork is safe. In addition, we ask that you do not lean on or touch walls and pedestals, as damage to these areas requires us to remove the artwork in order to make repairs. Keeping conversations at a low volume means that everyone can enjoy the space.
Lastly, enjoy the museum! We love to hear people conversing about the art, the exhibition, and our incredible new space. Feel free to ask questions of staff, students, and volunteers on duty. Come back and visit us often!