Art Museum Events
Art Up Close!
The Museum’s Art Up Close! program series, held at the Museum Education Center during fall and spring semesters, focuses on individual works of art selected from the collection by WVU faculty or guest artists from a variety of disciplines who give presentations on the works. The programs, co-sponsored by the Friends of the Art Museum, are free and open to the public. All events start at 5:30 PM in the Museum Education Center
Art Up Close! Dates for Fall 2016
- September 20th: Dr. Joyce Ice & Dr. Rosemary Hathaway
The Lure of Nostalgia: Cher Shaffer’s “Chicken Plucking”
- October 11th: Bob Bridges & Kristina Olson
The Prints of Grace Martin Taylor
- November 15th: Evan McCarthy
The Museum’s Lunchtime Looks program offer a brief presentation by a museum docent on a single work of art that people may enjoy over their noon break. The program takes place on the last Wednesday of the month.Lunch begins at 12:00 in the Museum Education Center and the discussion begins at 12:30.
Luncthime Looks Dates for Fall 2016
- August 31st: Dr. Joyce Ice on Oscar Spenser’s “Snakes”
- September 28th: George Trapp on Wayne Trapp’s “The Spirit of Growth”
- October 25th: Special guests Minnie Adkins & Mike Norris
- November 30th: TBA